Monday, June 25, 2012

Oh sweet sweet Pinterest

So I realized that there are stages to becoming happily brainwashed by Pinterest. 


1) You hear about this "pinning" and decide to check it out. Your first words are "I don't get it?" 


2) Maybe about the 3rd scroll down, you make your very first pin. About your 5th scroll, you NEED to pin something so you can remember it later..

3) You start searching for things to pin and make boards.


4) "Hey! Honey I got another follower on crazy cat lady!!"


5) Congratulations! Just in a few weeks, you will have a have a mansion, a husband, 10,000 bottles of nail polish, pallet furniture, framed crayons, and DIY's that you will never ever do.


I am guilty of all of these thankyouverymuch.


I've done everything from spray painting clay pots and stacking them for a cute place to put flowers. Spray painted..never filled the pots.


To..the idea of wearing my boyfriend's work shirt as a dress..



and then this dresser I am actually proud of.
That's my pride and joy in the first pic. You'll see him often. The name's Pace. I kept seeing dressers all fresh and nice like online so I nabbed a free quart of paint at Ace Hardware, which i believe is a paint and primer. I didn't do any of that fancy stuff..ya know like sanding. I just slapped it on there with dollar tree paintbrushes. They work pretty good BTW. Then I used some sample paint (Ocean Whisper) from lowes and am very happy with what turned out. 

Thanks for listening!






No comments:

Post a Comment